Thursday, July 31, 2014

SINGAPORE

This week's princess on the blog is Audrey from SINGAPORE. She and I met when we became roommates in central Sydney, Australia. We quickly bonded over our love for traveling and good food. I love how Audrey enjoys life to the fullest! Never a dull moment with her! Although we haven't seen each other for years, and we live worlds apart (she is still in Australia and considers it home now) we are huge supporters in each other's lives. So happy you are part of this Audrey! 

If someone close to you is struggling to find his or her purpose in life, which book would you recommend them reading? The Happiness Project or The Time Keeper.

Do you have a favorite inspirational quote and if so, what is it? Love yourself, you are awesome!

If your parents utilized some techniques to promote healthy eating while you were growing up, what did those techniques look like? No water during meals. Apparently it hampers with your stomach’s digestive system and causes insulin levels to fluctuate quite significantly.

Any website/blog/podcast that lifts your spirit? I have plenty, but http://expertvagabond.com/ is currently my favorite.

What is the “weirdest” advice, health wise, you have heard from someone in your home country? Did it work? You have to finish every grain of rice on your plate. The more grains that are left, the more pimply your face will get. Obviously it’s a load of bull, but a good practice not to waste food.

If money and time was no object, where would you go for an active vacation in your home country? I consider Australia my home now, and it’d definitely have to be anywhere in the ocean where I can scuba dive whenever I want.

What do you do to make sure your electronic devices are used serving your highest good and not becoming a “stressor” for you? Having a profession in social media, it is a challenge to turn away from my electronic devices. However I occasionally do switch my phone to airplane mode if some me-time is needed.

Any “ritual” you do every night to end the day on a good note, and if so what is it? Turn on my music and sing along to myself.

Thank you so much my friend for your answers! I know we will meet up somewhere in the world again. And we will talk, talk, talk...just like we did when we shared a room in a happy apartment on Sussex Street! 

No comments:

Post a Comment