Thursday, April 10, 2014

Tunisia


My first guest on this blog is a beautiful princess from TUNISIA. Meriem (Mariem) and I met at Webster University and despite that we now live in different parts of the world she is without a doubt one of my closest friends. I am beyond thrilled to have her kick off my Worldwide Wellness Series. Take it away my friend!

Any healthy food that is a staple in people’s diet in your home country?
  Couscous.

Do you have a favorite inspirational quote and if so, what is it?  "If you can dream it, you can do it "  - Walt Disney.
 
What is the biggest challenge in today’s society to staying fit and how can we change that? One of the biggest challenges we face is the way people do not acknowledge the importance of incorporating healthy diets and exercise into their daily lives. It is important to have education about health and how certain types of food can be good or bad for you and how exercise plays a significant role in one’s health. 

Any guilty pleasures (food wise) you have? And do you have a healthy variety/spin on that?
One of my guilty pleasures is chocolate and what I usually like to do is mix chocolate fondue with fruits.

If money and time were no object, where would you go for an active vacation in your home country? Desert trekking in Douz.

Where would you go for a chilled vacation in your home country? I would go to the beach resorts  in either Hammamat or Sousse.

What is the “weirdest” advice, health wise, you have heard from someone in your home country? Did it work? In my country they say the best cure for nausea is drinking rose water and it does work to some extent.

Any “ritual” you do every night to end the day on a good note, and if so what is it?
Every night before going to bed I meditate for almost 12 minutes.


Thank you so much habibi for your lovely insights! One day you and I will go to a beach resort in Hammamat or Sousse to chill and talk, talk, talk like we always do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment