Thursday, June 12, 2014

INDIA

Next "viking" on the blog is Vipin from INDIA. Vipin and I met when we both attended graduate school at Webster University in St. Louis, Missouri. He is a very talented musician, operating under the name Deevee VIP, and when he released his single "Going in", we, his friends, were stoked and still play it frequently.
 

Do you have a “ritual” you do every morning to get your day off to a good start and if so can you please explain it? I don’t really have a ritual, but I just would love to have a good start as the rest of the day would be a gradual build on how we feel in the start of the day.
 
Do you have a favorite inspirational quote and if so, what is it? I have a few: “The mind is everything. What you think you become.”  – Buddha. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey. “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra.
 
Any healthy food that is a staple in people’s diet in your home country? Turmeric, anti cancerous and in south India, plenty of papaya which is rich in fiber.

When you have to travel far on an airplane, what is your best advice to arrive feeling as refreshed as possible?
Try to get an aisle seat so you can stick your legs out and not have it over someone else’s leg and they end up filing you for sexual harassment. Also try to get a seat on the row to the exit, as it has the most leg room and God forbid if your plane ever goes down…Jump out and save yourself. Also if you ever have to go do your “number 2” business, do it! Don’t hesitate and think ahhh I will wait till I land, because trust me you’re going to be rushing on the terminals looking for a restroom with bad acoustics with load of crap…Not a good feeling.
 
Jetlag, how do you get over it? You don’t get over jet lag, jet lag gets over you...hahaha. Naw I’m just kidding, just try to stay up and sleep when everyone else is sleeping.
 
What is the “weirdest” advice, health wise, you have heard from someone in your home country? Did it work? Meditating in an ashram for a loooooooong time (like a week to a month). Never tried it and I don’t think I would ever try it. Time is money to me and I have my own ways of detoxing my negatives.
 
Any writer, painter or musician from your home country whose work you feel is very inspirational? I feel like I’m the best rapper in India, I hold an invisible heavy weight belt! :p Bollywood music is just not my thing even though I don’t mind listening to it. Also I like to listen to classic Bollywood music and A.R Rahmans music, classic stuff (NOT JAI HO!!!) while I’m traveling in Indian taxis and rickshaws, it makes your Indian trip complete. 

What do you do to make sure your electronic devices are used serving your highest good and not becoming a “stressor” for you?
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, 
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it, rip it,
Drag and drop it, zip - unzip it,
Lock it, fill it, call it, find it,
View it, code it, jam - unlock it,
Surf it, scroll it, pause it, click it,
Cross it, crack it, switch - update it,
Name it, rate it, tune it, print it,
Scan it, send it, fax - rename it,
Touch it, bring it, pay it, watch it,
Turn it, leave it, start - format it.

- Technologic (Daft Punk)
 
You tried to sing that didn’t you? Hahaha...Just put it AWAY for a while if it stresses you!!! You don’t need anything that stresses you.

Thanks for participating Vipin! And yes I did try to sing the last answer. I also laughed out laud when I read some of the others. Hope to see you soon again my friend! Somewhere in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment